What Does a Miami Divorce Lawyer Do?
What You Need To Know About A Miami Divorce Lawyer and How They Can Help?
A Miami divorce lawyer will provide you the personal service and legal counsel you deserve. Sometimes divorce is inevitable. You get to a point where you have tried everything you can think of doing. You have gone to counseling. You have even tried to go on a second honeymoon without the kids. However, nothing is working. Maybe it is time to admit that divorce is the only logical path to take.
I have some helpful tips for you to look at before you pick up the phone. There are a few secrets that your divorce lawyer is not going to tell you. That is why I am helping to educate you on the facts. These facts are not bad, but they will help to shed light on the situation, and how you can prepare yourself better for what could arise.
1) Your lawyer is going to give you a rough estimate. That is not the number you should expect. Your lawyer is going to give you a different number at the end of the case. This number is going to be the one you want to focus on.
Did you know that if you contest divorce it will run you between $15,000-30,000? There are a lot of clients that do not anticipate this. You will have chances to keep the costs down during the process. Keep your eyes and mind open.
2) No one wants to hear this, but you might need to live frugally until the divorce is over. Some clients are used to living large before the divorce hits. You might want to take stock of your finances and adjust where necessary.
You could be getting a sizeable settlement from the divorce. Living frugally is not that big of a sacrifice if you think about it.
3) There are a lot of clients who like to play the blame game when it comes to divorce. Some people use their partner’s fault as justification for what has happened.
In other words, ” it is his fault that this happened.”
Everyone has to accept responsibility for their own lives. It is not always the other person’s fault. One way to get through the divorce is to think about where you went wrong. It takes two to tango. Where did you go wrong in the relationship? This is a necessary part of healing and moving on. This way you do not make the same mistakes in your next relationship.
4) Keep organized as much as possible during the proceedings. That should be common sense which is why most lawyers do not mention it. They assume their clients already know. Not being organized is one way to lose money and remain stressed. Keep copies of everything. It is going to help your case later.
5) There are lawyers who will “yes” their way through it if it means a retainer. You need to be very careful of any lawyer who promises too much too soon. Lawyers want to make money. This is why some of them tell you what you want to hear. Do not hire a lawyer who is not providing real facts about your case. You want a divorce lawyer to be real with you. You want someone who is going to provide a realistic outcome.
6) Some clients like to use a sole practitioner. They assume a private practice is going to give them the attention they need. This is not always the case. The same issues that come up in large practices come up in small offices, including staffing issues. Make sure the person has more than adequate staff in the office. Bickman Law is one example of a law firm who will give clients proper attention during divorce proceedings.
7) Some clients assume the fees can be negotiated.
“Some teachers are trying to lowball me, daddy. I figure these grades are just the jumping off point to start negotiations.”
Cher, Clueless 1996
Admittedly, that is a funny line, but this is just a fantasy. Your case is not based in fantasy, It is based in fact. That is why you should be very clear how much your Miami divorce lawyer is going to charge you upfront.
What happens when you have a strong case? They might be more flexible and willing to lower the rate, but not by much. Once again, you need to be realistic in your expectations. All I am saying is, do not be upset if your lawyer refuses to lower the rate, regardless of the situation.
8) Some clients want to handle their divorce on their own. This is the last thing you want to do, especially if your divorce is contested in court.
“Only a fool has a fool for a client when he chooses to represent him or herself.”
“You do not strike me as a fool, Harry Potter!”
Aberforth. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two
You need someone who has your best interests cooking on the front burner. A Divorce Lawyer Miami will guide you in the right direction, including when to fight and when to spare a life. Sometimes the fight is only in your head.
FYI: Sometimes it is not best to arrive at a reasonable agreement with your ex-partner. He or she might have a different agenda.
About Bickman Law
Bickman Law will help each client out with their individual cases because no two cases are the same. They will take the time to listen to every case. They will then offer clients services based on what the needs are, at the present time.